Emei city, Emei Mountain,
Leshan, Baoguo, Chengdu
Welcome to the Emei area of China, located about 2 hours south of Chengdu. Emei (beautiful or elegant) mountain is home to many Buddhist monks and monasteries where most of the year is peaceful and serene. At the base of the mountain is Emei city, which has been heavily touristed in the last 15 years. So whether you're a traveler that wants to party with the locals or have the mountain all to yourself in quiet, enjoys sampling local cuisine or dining at 5-star hotels, you'll find everything you need in this small, but fun, Chinese town.
- Cheap accomodation in Buddhist monasteries and local hotels
- 24-hour laundry service
- Secure baggage storage while you hike
- Local culture tours around Mount Emei.
- Free travel information
- Walking stick loans (to protect yourself from the monkeys!)
- Discount hot springs tickets, Kung Fu and Tai Chi classes
- Train, bus and flight bookings.
- Car/Taxi services all over Sichuan Province
- Vegetarian food buffet in Baoguo Monastery (hours vary by season)
- Call any time for help (see below)!
Address: Baoguo Temple, Emeishan, Sichuan, China
Phone: (0) 13708131210